Aug 5, 2014

OWA web parts in SharePoint 2013

When I tried finding the OWA web parts in the SharePoint 2013 OOTB web parts, I couldn't find the web parts and “Outlook Web App” category is also not available. I was thinking it is deprecated or not available in SharePoint 
2013.
After searching, I found the following solution.
Steps to add Outlook web parts
1.   Go to Web part Gallery.
2.   On Web part Gallery page, Click Files-> New Document -> New in the ribbon.
 3.   On New web part page (NewDWp.aspx), look for Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.OWA, select the web parts related to the outlook as shown below and populate gallery.
4.   Now, under Miscellaneous Category, you will see the web parts related to Outlook. 
Hope this helps you!

1 comment:

  1. This was helpful, however, something still isn't right when they render. Starting with the InboxPart, I add the OWA url and my mailbox. Click OK and I do actually see some email messages, but that's all I get. You can only see them, you can't double click, sort, or anything like that. Just a very static view of the inbox.

    Next, I tried out the calendar part. Set it up with the same OWA URL and mailbox, but now I only get a blank screen in the spot of the web part. I can view source within that section and I do see calendar code with events in it, it's just not rendering to the screen.

    Has anyone else run into this?

    Thanks.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete

Dear Readers,

I LOVE to hear from you! Your feedback is always appreciated. I will try to reply to your query as soon as possible.

1. Make sure to click the "Notify me" check box at the right side to be notified of follow up comments and replies.
2. Please Do Not Spam - Spam comments will be deleted immediately upon review.